Intensive Mindfulness 8-week MBSR -training.
In this Mind-Body Medicine program you will be trained intensively in mindfulness meditation as it is taught in the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine 7 day Program 02.-09.04.2017
We were proud to host this MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine 7-day residential program for the first time in Finland with the most renown teachers of MBSR:
Saki F. Santorelli, EdD, MA, is a professor of medicine, director of the internationally-acclaimed Stress Reduction Clinic, and executive director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He has worked with thousands of medical patients and has educated and helped mentor generations of practitioners and researchers of mindfulness and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), engaging in more than 30,000 clinical hours of MBSR. Saki teaches and presents internationally and is the author of Heal Thy Self: Lessons on Mindfulness in Medicine.
Florence Meleo-Meyer, MA, directs Mindfulness-Based training programs with excellence, depth, rigor and integrity in the development and cultivation of an international network of MBSR teachers.
She is the Director of Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education and Training, a senior MBSR teacher and a member of the executive leadership team for the Center for Mindfulness.
Saki and Florence have developed MBSR program together with Jon Kabat-Zinn over 35 years. You will experience their depth of practice and knowledge of mindfulness uniquely, which after few years will not be anymore available.
Intensive Mindfulness 8-week MBSR -training
In this Mind-Body Medicine program we trained intensively in mindfulness meditation as it is taught in the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Ongoing practice of the principles of mindfulness and MBSR, both formally and informally, is cultivated throughout the course. This intensive, residential training program emphasized a direct, firsthand, experiential encounter with mindfulness meditation as taught in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR). We gained familiarity with the theoretical underpinnings of MBSR and review MBSR research. We now reconize the need to embody mindfulness meditation practice in your daily life before attempting to teach it to others.
Our specific themes and areas of focus
- Seamless cultivation of mindfulness throughout the program through both formal and informal practices – in silence, conversation, and dialogue.
- Mindful approaches to the experience and expression of stress, pain, grief, and anxiety within ourselves and when working with others.
- Examination of how language and methods are used for teaching and guiding others in the formal and informal methods of mindfulness meditation in various settings.
- Review of research supporting the clinical value of MBSR.
- Exploration of the essential components of MBSR, including specific program structure and content, assessment and screening of program participants, as well as teacher readiness and competency.
The learning objectives
- Explore the essential components of the MBSR curriculum, including specific program ethos, structure, content, design and method
- Investigate the ongoing practice of the principles of mindfulness in silence, conversation, and dialogue
- Identify and expand one’s ability to work mindfully with the experience of stress, pain, grief, and anxiety within ourselves and when working with others; explore the potential to support human flourishing
- Review research supporting clinical use of MBSR
- Identify the language and practices used for instructing and guiding others in the formal and informal practices of mindfulness meditation in various settings
- Describe mindful approaches to stress, pain, grief, and anxiety when working with ourselves and others
- Examine research supporting the clinical value of MBSR
- Identify essential components of a sustainable mindfulness training program, including MBSR teacher readiness and competency criteria
- Explore the potential for discovering unrecognized capacities and ways to support human flourishing
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine and the international CFM Teacher Certification
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine is a required course for CFM Teacher Certification, and may be completed at any time prior to starting MBSR Teacher Certification. Prospective students are encouraged to complete this course as soon as possible during their teacher training.
Beginning Su 02.04. at 06.00 p.m. and ending Su 09.04. at noon lunch
Venue and accommodation: The training took place at the Vierumäki Resort Sport Institute (Urheiluopistontie 400, Vierumäki, Finland).
Language: The training was held in English
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine 7-day -koulutus
Saimme mahdollisuuden tutustua ja harjoittaa intensiivisesti mindfulness meditaatiota sen alkuperäisessä muodossa. Maailmankuulut kouluttajat tulivat ensimmäistä kertaa Suomeen. MBSR-menetelmä toi mindfulness- harjoittamisen valtavirtaan yli 35 vuotta sitten. Tässä koulutuksessa kultivoimme hyväksyvän tietoisen läsnäolon periaatteita niin muodollisten kuin epämuodollisten 8-viikon MBSR -menetelmän harjoitteiden pohjalta. Saimme syvällisen kokemuksen siitä miten meditaatioharjoittaminen muuttaa elämää. Saki Santorelli ja Florence Meleo-Meyer ovat opettaneet ja kehittäneet MBSR-menetelmän professori Jon Kabat-Zinnin kanssa aina 1980-luvulta alkaen. Sakista ja Florencesista välittyy syvällisesti oman harjoittamisen tuoma kokemus.