Two-day workshop for men to discover and embrace their real strengths, while also bringing kindness and understanding to life‘ challenges. Led by Daniel Ellenberg, PhD, leadership coach and group facilitator.
How do you thrive as a man, rather than just survive in today‘s world? For of us, traditional roles no longer work or serve us well. Age-old male norms like not being emotionally open, being rigid, showing no vulnerability or needing to permanently look successful have become recipes for general suffering – including relationship problems, workplace difficulties, anger, stress, anxiety and/or depression.
What is the workshop about:
The Ultimate Courage (UC) -workshop has been created to meet the evolving needs and challenges men face today. UC is a powerful interactive, skill-building workshop that draws from ancient wisdom traditions, modern neuroscience, and various psychological approaches.
In this 2-day workshop, men are encouraged to discover and embrace their real strengths, while also bringing kindness and understanding to their difficulties. This two-tiered approach of strength building and facing difficulties compassionately is a powerful path towards greater wisdom, satisfaction, effectiveness, and joy.
Throughout the workshop, a series of interactive, reflective, and meditative exercises help men develop practical skills for meeting the challenges of modern life with greater insight, resilience, and compassion (for self and others).
In this workshop, we experience how:
- Practices of self-compassion (involving mindfulness, common humanity, and self-kindness) brings wisdom, strength, and healing.
- Acknowledging and appreciating our positive traits and qualities facilitates greater happiness, competence, and ease in our lives
- Being with a group of men in honest and courageous ways helps us overcome negative feelings we harbor towards ourselves and others
- Finding a middle path between the extremes of harsh self-criticism and self-indulgence results in greater life satisfaction and achievement.
- Engaging in practices of promoting the positive, when blended with mindfulness and self-compassion, helps us develop more productive and comfortable relationships with ourselves, family members, friends, and colleagues.
“I learned to trust and connect emotionally more in two days than I have in my whole life.”
Saturday 23.05.2020 at 10.00-17.00
Sunday 24.05.2020 at 10.00-17.00
Venue: to be announced soon
Prices: to be announced soon
Daniel Ellenberg, PhD, is a leadership coach, licensed therapist, seminar leader, and group facilitator. He is a principle in both Rewire Leadership Institute and Relationships That Work. He leads Strength with Heart men’s groups and workshops, is a member of the APA division for the psychological study of men and masculinity, is a founding member of the Men’s Counseling Guild, and wrote his dissertation on psychological aspects of the male sex role. He is co-author (with his wife) of Lovers for Life: Creating Lasting Passion, Trust, and True Partnership. He co-created and delivered a resilience training program for several NASA space centers. He is a board trustee at the California Institute of Integral Studies and the Wellspring Institute of Neuroscience and Contemplative Practice.