Intensive Mindfulness 8-week MBSR -training.
In this Mind-Body Medicine program you will be trained intensively in mindfulness meditation as it is taught in the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine 7 day Program 02.-09.04.2017
We welcome You to the MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine 7-day residential program. We are proud to host this program for the first time in Finland with the most renown teachers of MBSR:
Saki F. Santorelli, EdD, MA, is a professor of medicine, director of the internationally-acclaimed Stress Reduction Clinic, and executive director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. He has worked with thousands of medical patients and has educated and helped mentor generations of practitioners and researchers of mindfulness and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), engaging in more than 30,000 clinical hours of MBSR. Saki teaches and presents internationally and is the author of Heal Thy Self: Lessons on Mindfulness in Medicine.
Florence Meleo-Meyer, MA, directs Mindfulness-Based training programs with excellence, depth, rigor and integrity in the development and cultivation of an international network of MBSR teachers.
She is the Director of Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education and Training, a senior MBSR teacher and a member of the executive leadership team for the Center for Mindfulness.
Saki and Florence have developed MBSR program together with Jon Kabat-Zinn over 35 years. You will experience their depth of practice and knowledge of mindfulness uniquely, which after few years will not be anymore available.
The price is 2.139,00 € (1.725,00 € + VAT* 24% 414,00 €)
Intensive Mindfulness 8-week MBSR -training
In this Mind-Body Medicine program you will be trained intensively in mindfulness meditation as it is taught in the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Ongoing practice of the principles of mindfulness and MBSR, both formally and informally, is cultivated throughout the course. This intensive, residential training program emphasizes a direct, firsthand, experiential encounter with mindfulness meditation as taught in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR). You gain familiarity with the theoretical underpinnings of MBSR and review MBSR research. You will recognize the need to embody mindfulness meditation practice in your daily life before attempting to teach it to others.
Our specific themes and areas of focus
- Seamless cultivation of mindfulness throughout the program through both formal and informal practices – in silence, conversation, and dialogue.
- Mindful approaches to the experience and expression of stress, pain, grief, and anxiety within ourselves and when working with others.
- Examination of how language and methods are used for teaching and guiding others in the formal and informal methods of mindfulness meditation in various settings.
- Review of research supporting the clinical value of MBSR.
- Exploration of the essential components of MBSR, including specific program structure and content, assessment and screening of program participants, as well as teacher readiness and competency.
Your learning objectives
- Explore the essential components of the MBSR curriculum, including specific program ethos, structure, content, design and method
- Investigate the ongoing practice of the principles of mindfulness in silence, conversation, and dialogue
- Identify and expand one’s ability to work mindfully with the experience of stress, pain, grief, and anxiety within ourselves and when working with others; explore the potential to support human flourishing
- Review research supporting clinical use of MBSR
- Identify the language and practices used for instructing and guiding others in the formal and informal practices of mindfulness meditation in various settings
- Describe mindful approaches to stress, pain, grief, and anxiety when working with ourselves and others
- Examine research supporting the clinical value of MBSR
- Identify essential components of a sustainable mindfulness training program, including MBSR teacher readiness and competency criteria
- Explore the potential for discovering unrecognized capacities and ways to support human flourishing
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine and the international CFM Teacher Certification
MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine is a required course for CFM Teacher Certification, and may be completed at any time prior to starting MBSR Teacher Certification. Prospective students are encouraged to complete this course as soon as possible during their teacher training.
None. You may be as well a beginner or well experienced in mindfulness.
Beginning Su 02.04. at 06.00 p.m. and ending Su 09.04. at noon lunch
Venue and accommodation: The training will take place at the Vierumäki Resort Sport Institute (Urheiluopistontie 400, Vierumäki, Finland). You can choose accommodation between one- and two-bed rooms (male and female rooms). Meals are included in the accommodation price. You can also participate in the training without accommodation. In this case you need to pay for your meals at the venue.
Language: The training will be held in English.
Certificate: You will receive a certificate of participation upon completion the training.
Tuition fee (without accommodation):
The price is 2.139,00 € (1.725,00 € + VAT* 24% 414,00 €)
NOTE: Please register here.
*If you have a VAT number within the EU, you are entitled to get a refund of the VAT amount through your local tax authorities.
We are able to offer some scholarships for the training. If you are interested please send us your application to:
Deposit (100,00€) refund will not be returned in case of cancellation. NOTE! Non-payment is not a cancellation. Please inform us in writing firstname.lastname@example.org about the cancellation 6 weeks prior the training at the latest. After this you still can send an alternative person to participate the training (please name the person in writing). No refunds will be allowed after this date, unless the participant provides a medical certificate. The participant agrees to the cancellation policy upon the payment of the tuition.
In case of force majeure, or other cases not within the control of Center for Mindfulness, Finland Oy (e.g. fire or water damage), Center for Mindfulness, Finland Oy may cancel the booking. In this case the customer is entitled to receive a reimbursement of all payments made in full. Center for Mindfulness, Finland Oy has the right to cancel the booking if the payments concerning the booking are not paid by the due date.
Tervetuloa MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine 7-day -koulutukseen
Nyt Sinulla on mahdollisuus tutustua ja harjoittaa intensiivisesti mindfulness meditaatiota sen alkuperäisessä muodossa. Saamme maailmankuulut kouluttajat ensimmäistä kertaa Suomeen. MBSR-menetelmä toi mindfulness- harjoittamisen valtavirtaan yli 35 vuotta sitten. Tässä koulutuksessa kultivoimme hyväksyvän tietoisen läsnäolon periaatteita niin muodollisten kuin epämuodollisten 8-viikon MBSR -menetelmän harjoitteiden pohjalta. Saat syvällisen kokemuksen siitä miten meditaatioharjoittaminen muuttaa elämääsi. Saki Santorelli ja Florence Meleo-Meyer ovat opettaneet ja kehittäneet MBSR-menetelmän professori Jon Kabat-Zinnin kanssa aina 1980-luvulta alkaen. Sakista ja Florencesista välittyy syvällisesti oman harjoittamisen tuoma kokemus.